It’s been a very long time since I’ve posted anything… perhaps it’s time for a little update. Here’s what I’ve been up to…
- Writing our own curriculum… we’ve been using stuff we’ve bought mostly this year, so the stuff we’ve written ourselves has had a lot more go into it then what we used to do. Our kids have responded very well to it. The funest part has to be making videos… it’s loads of work but worth it… I am however very glad for our friends at Hillsong Kids and 4 who write awesome stuff… makes the rest of the year loads easier!
- The birth of my second niece, Chloe Eileen Thompson in October.
- My Birthday in October, I had a great time with family and friends
- All In Sunday – probably the best “family” service we’ve ever done.
- Double in a Day – we went nuts promoting this with our kids and did a huge push to get them to bring their friends. We had quite a few new kids. It was like LifeKids on steroids, heaps of fun!
- School camp – I had the privilege of going to St Leonard’s School camp with Megan and Owen. I really enjoyed getting to know some of the parents and the teachers. A great bunch of kids too, they really look out for each other.
- We’ve been rocking the face painting recently… at every opportunity it comes out. Kids love it… and Parents love it a little more then they used to now that we ditched the cheap face paint and invested in some good stuff. No matter how cheap it is, NEVER buy face paint from the $2 Shop, you mind as well use poster paint!
- We’ve also been going a little crazy with the BUBBLES! I don’t know how we did kids ministry without bubbles before. I love bubbles so much I think i”ll write a whole post about it…
- Fireworks this year were fantastic. We took the opportunity yo combine with Urban Youth and have a family event. It was easy to run and had a great atmosphere.
- A team from LifeKids went down to Balclutha for the Clutha Youth Trusts Guy Fawkes event. Dave and I had a slot on the stage, the first time we’ve ever done that outside of our own church. And yes… we did face painting… and also the bubbles 🙂